Yoga and Bodybuildinghttp://www.broadwaygym.com.au/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Praveen Praveen http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/38ea507e3d50a86a2ebcc2c027a4fc1a?s=96&d=mm&r=g
This could sound contradictory, but the two are not mutually exclusive.
Yoga has so many benefits for the average bodybuilder, it’s unbelievable.
- Firstly stretching the fascia promotes muscle growth.
- Stretching the muscle fibres help contraction.
- Increased mobility allow you to work the muscles through a greater range of motion.
- Realigning the body is essential for symmetry and posture.
- Strengthening the core without overdeveloping the obliques will give you rock hard abs and help prevent back injuries.
- The relaxation techniques lower your cortisol levels and promote the release of serotonin.
- Low cortisol level are also associated with the production of female and male hormones –testosterone
At Broadway Gym we have the privilege of having Dr. Richard Allen who is a first class and renown yoga instructor. He has been associated with us for many years and is a valued member of our team.